Hopalong Hollow....

Hopalong Hollow, where the Blueberries grow sweet, and the moss feels soft beneath your feet.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Moving along in winters chill..

     but always dreaming of Spring.

      If nothing else, the winter season encourages the pleasant pursuit of drawing. As for myself, I'm spending hours and hours with pencils and paper on my lap.  I've been happy to paint THIS kitty again. You may remember her from awhile back when I introduced her as Peddler Kitty. http://hopalonghollowgazette.blogspot.com/2010/11/peddlar-kitty.html 
She actually has another name, but she IS a Peddler. She is painting seed packets for us in this illustration and will be featured in her own story, but also has one page in the garden book. As with all the illustrations, this will be painted in watercolor, then the details and shadows will emerge and the kitty will come alive.
Fondly from the drawing board in the Hollow, Jeri

12 comments:

  1. Good evening Jeri,
    Oh my, she is quite the talented kitty... Love this illustration, and looking forward to watching the book come to life.
    It looks like you are settled in for the winter with your illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention.... Love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Peddlar Kitty dressed in your beautiful watercolors, dear Jeri! She is charming. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I always love seeing the creative side of your critters. :-)

    Have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. COUNT ME IN Miss Kitty, for a pack of seeds! Do you sell blue hydrangea seeds? Do you sell pink peony and grape hyacinth bulbs? Well then, make a packet for me, wrap it in brown paper, and tie it with twine. WE CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how hard it is to stay inside once spring arrives and beckons a person to come out and play. Winter is the time for thoughtful pursuits and perfect for painting winsome creatures and coming up with story lines for them to act out.

    I can't wait to see Peddler Kitty in full color and her illustrations on the seed packets as well. She looks to be more than adequate in drawing but how do her watercolors stack up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri, that is so sweet Peddler is painting seed packets. What a cute storyline. I used to buy old seed packets just for the illustrations on top. They were so pretty back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!!! I love this already!! An artist kitty in the potting shed - perfect. Can't wait to see it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the kitty and the room she is in. I also love your new header! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looked back at your earlier post about Peddler Kitty. You make it look all so easy. But I KNOW it is not easy--all that detail work! I see I have to master my impatience as well as learn technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet is this kitty!! LOVE her! Your pictures draw us in to want to become a part of them. Thanks for sharing your beautiful talent with us.
    Blessing for a fabulous New Year Jeri! Edie & Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jeri - I know this kitty will just come alive under your talented pencil and brush. Looks like you are making the most of a winter's day. Have a good one. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a word or two, we SO like to hear from you!