Hopalong Hollow....

Hopalong Hollow, where the Blueberries grow sweet, and the moss feels soft beneath your feet.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mavis Mudd chooses a winner AND Quilting Fabrics

   Mavis Mudd has come down from her roost with a cackle and a cluck to pronounce the winner of Naomi's photo caption. Mavis sends her cheeriest regards to all of you who took the time to comment. She spent a good deal of time and consideration.... her sharp little toenails clicking across the barn floor as she pondered. And in the end she found this caption most fitting and appropriate (knowing Naomi, as she does)
.
"Ah c'mon, just a Little roll in the Hay??!!" 

Thank you Tammie Lee of  "Spirithelpers"!  Send me your mailing address and I will ship this to you.
 
    Perhaps I  never told you that I had designed a line of quilting fabric based  on this artwork.
  Andover Fabrics is the company that produced the "Dashing Thru the Snow" quilt fabric.

. There was a large panel with a several coordinating fabrics
.


 (This is so weird, blogger keeps putting my photos in UPSIDE DOWN) Is anyone else having problems with blogger today?

.
My first line of fabric with Andover, was based on a  painted Paper-cutting I had created years before, entitled "Noah and Company".
This is the panel.
The original artwork had 960 colors in it... geez, I had no idea!  But fabrics can only use 16 colors.  (Or is it 24?  Help me out on this, Valerie).  I am simply amazed they were able to recreate my piece using only 16 colors!

My third line of fabrics was with "Northcott" of Canada, and the artwork was derived from by book "Hopalong Jack and the Blue Bunnies"
  All of these fabrics were of the highest quality, so soft and beautiful.  I enjoyed the process of  designing them, even though I really didn't know what the heck I was doing! 
My favorites are the two below.

You may wonder if I am, myself, a quilter.


Yes, I am. I hand quilt in the old-fashioned way.
But I have not picked up my quilting needle in quite awhile, although I once prided myself on my tiny quilting stitches, I have too many unfinished needlework projects.
 One day I will use my own fabrics to create a quilt and FINISH it.

In the meantime, I will continue to paint quilts,


to APPRECIATE quilts (and those who actually FINISH them)
and to collect the wonderful antique quilts sewn by hand by our forebears.


 If you are wondering about any of my fabrics, some can still be found from online quilt shops, you just really have to hunt for them!


15 comments:

  1. I love your fabric....I love woodland animals, especially rabbits. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! I felt so shy leaving my response!
    I read the other comments and felt they were quite wonderful..... I pondered and then it was clear!
    I am so happy that Mavis Mudd chose me!! Thank you Jeri, your art is gorgeous charming and so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited by winning your gorgeous art.... I forgot about the wonderful things you shared in this post. Your art is wonderful in the form of fabric. Yes, you as a quilter.... would make magic with your own fabric, at least that is my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THERE SHE IS..THERE IS THE bean and cheese burrito!!! I cannot believe that upon first glance of this picture that I thought she was a burrito. I must have been hungry and wasn't wearing my glasses! BUT CONGRATS TO THE WINNER!!

    Jeri, your fabric designs are MARVELOUS!!!!! As is all your work. Oh dearest, I WISH YOU A MAGICAL FARM STYLE CHRISTMAS,with all the critters awaiting with YOU, the magic of Christmas. Thank you for a year of laughter and sweet company and for visiting!!! HUGS TO ALL and squeeze this creature for me around her.....ehem...great girth! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like so much your Blog...
    Visit also my Blog Maskerelle, you can win a Venice mask.
    Bye bye

    Merry Xmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Tammie! Yay! A very Lucky Girl indeed! Thank You so Much Jeri for giving us this Opportunity to win one of your Amazing Pieces of Art!
    Have a Wonderful Day!
    Hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea that your wonderful artwork could be found in fabric! My mother in law is an avid quilter, maybe I can convince her to make me something special if I can find these prints. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Jeri and I look so forward to visiting your blog in the coming year!
    Joycee on Granny Mountain...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to look for the Christmas fabric. So pretty! You know I already have the ark fabric.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Warm winter greetings dear Jeri. Thank you for coming to visit.. Yes, I am so happy for my son, and yes, it is especially nice when the daughter-in-law is a lovely person.. and that she is! What a sweet woman...
    Ok, a hunting I will go... I was just going to ask where I could find your fabric.. I guess I will look up the manufacture and type in the name of the fabric, that should do it yes? I hope I can find it, I must have some...
    Thank you for the great video!!
    I see Jemima is growing, I must get back to the needle felting and finish before she is grown...
    See you next year Jeri.
    Blessings my friend.. Thank you for bringing so much joy into my life.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first time ever seeing your artwork was at the SC Craftsman's Classic back in 2007. I bought your first book for my daughter Eden. I read it to her but I must say that she doesn't seem to listen but instead is pleasantly overwhelmed with your detailed fuzzy critters all the way to the little blue bunny shadows. Since we first met I have been blessed with Olivia who is now three and a son, Paxton, who is now 10 months. At least I now can say that Olivia appreciates your stories and the way you use silly and whimsical ways to describe all of your animals on their adventures. She sweetly cups her small hand while the tips of her fingers barely touch her lips while she giggles. I'd like to think that if a teeny tiny mouse were to giggle, that's how they would do so. Just like my Livi.
    Silly but I wanted to say hi for the first time and let you know That Olivia and I enjoyed your "Hopalong Hollow Production" while eating chocolate covered blueberries, yum. :)

    Happy New Year! ~CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrystal, I agree with you, that is exactly how a little mouse would giggle and squeak! I can hardly wait for Olivia make the acquaintance of Dimity Doormouse... she is one of the many new characters in the new book. I think she and Olivia will be very good friends! Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeri, You are utterly amazing..
    I love everything you do..

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH Miss JERI!! I am GASPING!!! Look at all I have missed with out a computer (it is no more)
    Fabric!! HOW WONDERFUL!!!!
    I am at the Library now and I wanted to stop by to tell you that I have soooo missed visiting you!!
    Hope you had a BLESSED Christmas and a JOYOUS NEW YEAR!!
    Blessings and HUGS, Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Tammie! That was perfect!
    Love, love, love your fabrics Jeri! I wish I could still get them today!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a word or two, we SO like to hear from you!