Hopalong Hollow....

Hopalong Hollow, where the Blueberries grow sweet, and the moss feels soft beneath your feet.

Friday, December 2, 2016

Do you need a Christmas buddy?

 I want to thank everyone that purchased my books, art and critters this year, from my shows, or my website. As you know,  I often use blog posts to promote my work,
and at years end, I present you with some offerings that didn't find new homes this year; perhaps one will speak to you.
Allow me to introduce you to several furry friends,
from the smallest to the largest.
.
The pincushions in the background are mine, I really put them to use! But I have some similar to these, still available.
These are needle-felted with my sheep's wool...as are
all the leaping buns on the feather Christmas tree.

All leaping buns are $112. You can hang them from your tree, or pop them in a flower pot with the stiff stem included.

 A few 6" rabbits... and a few 6" mice
 I started the season with 11 cats.  This is the last of the litter

 You can see more photos of these 3 kitties on my website. Oops, that last kitty is not Midge, she is Tink.
Moving on to the larger folks..
 I love these girls, I really do, so I won't mind keeping them.


Thadeus Beebe is a rather large fellow. Stitching his topcoat with tails was
quite a job, but I think he looks just dandy in it.

 Speaking of stitching rabbit-wear, it is quite an undertaking to dress a rabbit.
I  must first make the patterns to fit a particular bun... many of the buns are different shapes, heights and widths, so one size does not fit all. 
I make the patterns with paper towels because you can wrap them around the bodies for a good fit.
 Next I find the most becoming fabrics with a hint of history. I use tea, coffee and dye to age the fabrics.



I had a particularly nice time dressing these 2 fine ladies.
Both ladies are quite tall at 14" with amber glass eyes, articulated neck and arms.
They are needle-felted with alpaca wool and merino sheep's wool. 
Odette is stitched with a lovely copper colored English Mohair. Honora is stitched with a deep rust colored English Mohair.
 Honora wears a straw bonnet with old ribbons and millinery, her bodice would have been worn with a big hoop skirt...if she were a human. but rabbits cannot leap in hoop skirts, so we left it at that.

Nigel Willowbright is sold. I have to confess, I was sad to see him go.

 Odette wears a nest of flowers for a hat, a bodice and a bustle.

Each of these large rabbits is $550.
 If you see anyone you want to adopt email me at: jeri@hopalonggreetings.com 
We accept paypal, checks and credit cards
Enough of a gathering to have a big party!
There are more birds and rabbits on my website. PLEASE visit the site to take a look at more of my items, my books, my art. James did a wonderful job re-making our website, and even if you don't wish to purchase anything, take a stroll through our site, I would like your feedback.
email address has changed to:
jeri@jerilanders.com
 Thank you for your blogger friendship!
Fondly from the Hollow, Jeri

18 comments:

  1. Hi Jeri,

    I so enjoyed meeting you at the Craftsmens Classic in Greensboro last weekend! It was a treat to meet a fellow blogger when I least expected to. Your "critters" are just amazing; so much work has obviously gone into each one, and they truly are full of charm. Maybe I can purchase one in the future. I love the cards I purchased at your booth and look forward to using them.

    I hope you have a good December and are blessed with all the joy that Christmas brings.

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Denise, so delighted to meet you last week! I've since visited your blog and enjoyed your wonderful sense of decor and design. Love your house!

      Delete
  2. Dear Jeri ~ These are all adorable, a lot of work and love involved in creating each one. My favorites are Primrose and Tink, Primrose my favorite of the two. There is something in her face that touches my heart. May these all find nice homes.

    Happy Holidays ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine, I have to agree with you about Primrose.... she is such a little brat, but i love her. Sometimes I just decide to adopt them myself... she may be one of my new "children".

      Delete
  3. Again,

    YOU BLOW MY MIND.

    How are earth do you DO IT? Rabbits are prolific, but in your hands, they multiple at exponential rates that go off the CHARTS!

    Ah.....you know how I feel about your work and you know what my plan was.....dang, I can't swing it this time. But when I am able, I know where to GO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, You may be seeing a lot of bears in the future, along with the rabbits. I've been trying to create a unique looking bear face, and I think I finally managed it.

      Delete
  4. I don't know which ones are my favorites, but those cats are precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I find the cats to be the most trying to needle-sculpt. There is something about that seemingly flat face, yet, with a profile, that makes felines particularly difficult for me.

      Delete
  5. I love them all and would love to have one..just can't afford them..They are gorgeous..I did send your site to someone who can :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy I completely understand, they can be pricey. I can't afford the big ones! Collectors are my main customers. I wish I could charge less, basically, it is my time that I am charging for. Also, mohair is extremely expensive, running from $50-$150 a yard. I just appreciate your visit and your comments, thank you!

      Delete
  6. Swoooooon!! They are so VERY DELIGHTFUL!!!

    It's a lovely new website ~Great job James~ :-)

    XXX OOO sending love and warmth ~enjoy this lovely time of year , Linnie Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Linnie, I know you will have an eventful, fun month with your new critters and Christmas around the corner.

      Delete
  7. Good evening Jeri,
    This is one of those times when I wish my pockets were full. It would be so difficult to pick a favorite. They all have such personalty, and you have such a variety to choose from. I must admit that your Rabbit's are among my favorites. I know they will all find loving homes. Your heart spills out in every creation.
    Sending you warm wishes for a lovely Holiday Season.
    Love and blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny, Rabbits are my favorites as well, It may have something to do with Hopalong Jack....

      Delete
  8. I love them all Jeri and your new website too! Wishing you and James and all the critters of the hollow a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting the website, Michelle. James worked on it for awhile.

      Delete
  9. Oh my Jeri I am just amazed at all you do. Do you ever sleep?? Hopped over to your web site. It is perfect in every way. Always a delight to see what you are creating. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, I get 8 hours of sleep every night. But working is my joy. Thank you for taking the time to visit the site!

      Delete

Please do leave a word or two, we SO like to hear from you!