Her beak is not quite correct..baby chicks have sharp pointy little beaks. I will have to work on making better beaks.
Other than that, she was pretty simple and straightforward.
I made a green tomato pin cushion for her to sit on. Gotta fix that beak!
But she looked a little odd for a chickadee, and so SHE became a He and turned into a little wren,
He is made with mohair and wool felt. He's a bit disheveled, which is why I made his top hat a bit raggedy.
He looks like quite a dandy little bloke and I expect to hear a cockney accent as soon as he chirps.
I need more stuffing in that pin cushion, though.
Next I made a little bluebird using dyed wool felt fabric.
I think she is quite sweet and I like the downward tilt of the beak, I'm improving a bit at shaping the beaks.
I embellished her seams with simple feather stitches and a blanket stitch.
This fabric is from my "Hopalong Jack" line with Northcott.
Her body consists of 4 different mohairs and
I made her beak with wool felt.
She's the biggest bird. You know, her profile looks a lot like Esther. Maybe that is why I love her best of all.
Next come the Rabbits...or the mice..or the chippys...
This is fun...one day later.. I decided to work on buns for Easter.