Hopalong Hollow....

Hopalong Hollow, where the Blueberries grow sweet, and the moss feels soft beneath your feet.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Perfection in an April day

If you prayed....
For the perfect Spring day, it couldn't be better than this one
Foxgloves growing against a stone wall...
and flowers surrounding your little stone cottage..
like snapdragons, your favorite as a child.
Your mother showed you how to make them laugh.
And here is the first Iris to bloom this season.... with the most delicate of scents. There will bloom, nearly 800 more, before the end of May. How lovely.

Wood hyacinths, just the right size for tiny hats for  tiny shrews and tiny mice.... and maybe a wee fairy babe.


A  white goose in the garden, just as she should be,

and powdery, silken wings gracefully alight upon the blossoms.
 New life  is in the barn,
featuring proud and happy mothers...
and soft, precious little chickpeas.
 Yes indeed, a perfect Spring day.
Who could ask for more.
Not me!

6 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet, sweet. I really love the picture with the goose.

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love the video, and your beautiful garden, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait for Spring flowers to begin arriving in my garden. Meanwhile...love the Buff Orpingtons in the Perfect Day video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song and this little video clip which I am sure most folks have seen already. But I couldn't help myself because I just learned how to post videos! I am trying to create, in my gardens and around my home, the very same thing depicted in "Perfect Day" Wishing you all, a lovely Spring Day, Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog. It is a visual feast!

    The chicks and hen are so cute.
    Do you have an escape area for your chicks in your chicken pen?

    When our chicks got big enough to put out in the pen with the grown hens (about 8-10 weeks) I used to put a piece of metal fencing across a corner of the pen that the chicks could run through but the hens couldn't get through so the chicks had a safe corner to hide out. I would put the chicks water and chick starter behind the fencing too. The hens dearly love to eat up the chick starter. (I hope the little chick survived.)

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a word or two, we SO like to hear from you!