Hopalong Hollow....

Hopalong Hollow, where the Blueberries grow sweet, and the moss feels soft beneath your feet.

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Collecting teapots

 What with a computer down for a month, and 6 artshows in a row, I have been missing in action on this blog!
   I borrowed husband's computer and made a little movie about collecting teapots, something I have talked about more than once on the HH Gazette.

The cold months are the best time for pots and pots of hot tea! 
My lovely Daughter in law, Hara, has kept up my supply with myriad varieties of tea.
 Just look at all these tea tins from Hara!
 After I use up the tea, I still have these tins to use for holding flower seeds, beads, buttons and what-not.

 I must recommend to you the very best tea for winter time, if you love spicy, cinnamon and clove drinks, please try this:


 You can purchase through the Harney and Sons website OR on Amazon.
 If you like a milder herbal tea try the "Peppermint Herbal" or the 'Yellow and Blue", it has Chamomile and Lavender.
When the tea is gone, you still have the really cool tea tin.
Next, find a really special tea pot and some vintage cups... it is a lovely way to treat yourself. Oh, and don't forget the book you will want to read as you sip your tea in that comfy chair.



 My teapot collection:

12 comments:

  1. Harney and Sons makes THE BEST teas and my favorite is their Earl Grey. JERI LANDERS, I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear dear Anita, I knew I could count on you, I have missed everyone who used to come here!

      Delete
  2. I've missed you too! Your teapot collection is beautiful. I hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, All is well, just been terribly busy with show season and a broken computer doesn't help. So good to see you here!

      Delete
  3. sorry about your computer...love tea in the winter - have a couple of hand-thrown pots and a couple of antique cups (and saucers). Haven't tried this brand, but I definitely will. Almost half way thru the tea my friend brought me from China, so it's time to find more! thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz, I don't drink much tea tin the summer, but at this time of year, it's an all day thing. Very healthy too!

      Delete
  4. Jeri - your tea pot collection is beautiful and yes those tea tins are wonderful treasures as well. I will be looking for that special tea on amazon. Hope your computer problems get resolved soon. Take care friend and have a super day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the meantime I will confiscate hubbys computer, He has a standby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your charming blog . . . beautiful . . . absolutely beautiful. The post on Aug 21 of your garden just made my heart skip a beat. I don't see a place to follow, so I am adding you to my favorite list in the right column of my blog. I don't want to miss single a post :)
    Happy to meet you!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly me . . . I found it and I'm already a follower, but now your blog is where I can find it, on my favorites list. We'll call this a senior moment, LOL.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Hopalong Hollow, COnnie! Glad to have you here. I hope you will follow along the You Tube channel as well. I put all my garden videos on there, some that you will not see here at the Hopalong Hollow Gazette

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a word or two, we SO like to hear from you!