Hopalong Hollow....

Hopalong Hollow, where the Blueberries grow sweet, and the moss feels soft beneath your feet.

Friday, March 9, 2018

New foxes...

March! What a great month, you never know what to expect. One day its 72 degrees, the next day it's trying to snow. What a roller-coaster month. I love it!
 One thing is always constant here in the Hollow, March is time to make new creatures and I've had  a busy week filling some orders.
 The newest fox couple, Lord and Lady Dunwoody are traveling to their new home today.
 I do believe this is the most handsome fox I have ever made.
.

 

I've made several foxes in the past and it's
 funny that one can never duplicate the creature exactly as before.... the characters simply decide WHO they want to be... and it's always a surprise to me. 



.



The same applied to the Hare Below.   A customer wanted to purchase Dominicus Pike from my website, but he had been sold .. SO I made her a Phineas Tumbleweed instead..
I used the same mohair and the same colors in wool, even the same vest, yet Phineas is completely different in facial features and demeanor.
 That's why all the Hopalong Hollowfolk are one of a kind.... just like us.



Phineas has left us for New Hampshire, where he plans on planting a  sumptuous vegetable garden for his new Mistress....

and the Dunwoodys will continue living stylishly in their new home, as only the Gentry can.

12 comments:

  1. They are precious. So lifelike. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations, my friend. I love that they become who they want during your process of bringing them to life. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am continually blown away by the detail and expression in your art. They are stunning. (I had a fox run right in front of me the other day - nearly hit it but thankfully missed.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri Landers, you sly, sly fox you....WHAT GENIUS!

    You amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspect these fellas find their way into your dreams at night! I concur with what everyone above has said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous creatures, Jeri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful work, Jeri! I just love Lord and lady Dunwoody, and Phineas Tumbleweed is such a handsome fellow. I get such a kick out of the names you come up with. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as always Jeri, but I'm afraid Mr Phineas Tumblweed will have to wait for a bit before he can do any planting here in NH.. I don't know what part of the state he went to but some areas got another 2 feet of snow today. Alas spring is a ways off yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My my Jeri - I have to say those sweet foxes are the best. I am certain they will be given a royal place in their new home. Take care and have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are each entirely wonderful and wonder-ful too.
    So much character and charm. You are a multifaceted artist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pair of foxes are simply precious but nothing simple about them at all.. every detail was beautifully brought to life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a word or two, we SO like to hear from you!