Plaster work! In other words....
a messy job. I enjoy it. Here, I am putting on the first coat.
This plaster is a mixture of Acrylic paint and coarse pumice gel. I mixed my paint to get exactly the shade I wanted. I did not want to go with white. Many original Tudor homes were actually plastered in quite bright colors, shades of pink and yellows. I want a more muted beige, tint of yellow, OLD look. I had to mix in 6 different colors until I found the right shade.
I used all these brushes while working on the plaster.
The plaster requires 2 coats, first coat must dry completely before continuing. On the second coat, you can daub it in to create a texture.
The acorn cap roofing on this bay window doesn't look as tidy as the pinecone roofing, but I still like it for the house of a mouse. (She put those nuts in a barrel in the root cellar.)
The second coat really does the job.
The little bricks that show through the plaster are something of a trademark in my books. Everyone has this "problem" in the homes of Hopalong Hollow
I rather like it. Maybe that's because we had to re-plaster so many walls in our own home. Our home is only 120 years old, so there was no beautiful old brick beneath, just lathe.
The fabulous British series, Restoration home, recreated the plaster on a 1613 timber frame house, and the plaster is quite smooth. But I like the bumpy look on Trimble Manor
I made the chunky "axed" corbels to replace the skinny, cruddy ones in the kit.
Tomorrow, I will be thatching the top roof.... hope you'll stay tuned!