Hopalong Hollow....

Hopalong Hollow, where the Blueberries grow sweet, and the moss feels soft beneath your feet.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

When life hands you lemons...

If you are disheartened...if you feel a sense of bitterness,  know that you are not alone. When all seems lost we must remember, no one person, nor group of people can change the color of this sky ...
 or the wondrous fact that these leaves change with brilliance and quietly drift
    from this tree,covering the earth in a crunchy cushion neath your feet. This tree will stand a silent silhouette against a winter sky... and in the spring it will again sprout small buds, unfurl it's leaves, and clothe this tree in a glorious robe of lushness  for another season, once again.. Life goes on,
because...

,
"To everything, there is a season."
"And a time to every purpose under Heaven."

Sheep will still browse.... 
Despite the craziness of the world.

 birds will still sing
oblivious to humankind and their folly.


There is always something to smile about, something to be grateful for.
 

    A friend sends love from across the miles
and you smile.
(Thank you dear friend, for sending this unexpected box of beauty my way. You have cheered my heart.)

No matter what comes our way...
  Friends, Do not ever give up your beliefs, your core, your morality. Don't change who you are to suit the current times... remain steadfast, be courageous..... KNOW what you believe. 
I do.
Chin Up! Stand tall! 

Remember that faith endures...
 Psalms 46: 10
"Be still and know that I am God..
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the Earth "

 

21 comments:

  1. Thank you Jeri for this wonderful words and photos.
    You are an adorable person.
    Nice new week,
    Amitiés,
    Nath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jeri ~ This was just what I needed tonight.

    Thank you ~ Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Have not been having a easy time lately.Needec to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I've been too busy and am tired. you have revived my spirit!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely and spirited post
    love the colors and yes nature continues on, with or with out us, darn and worse when we harm nature and all life on our planet

    loved seeing your bird and flowers as it unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful words, Jeri. What is better than a true friend? Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though e have never met in person, I'm glad to call you my friend. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeri....I so enjoyed reading this post. It has been a week when so many are disappointed and disillusioned. You remind us where the true power lies. Have a wonderful week. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jeri,
    Your beautiful words and images tonight have given comfort to many.. I am sure of this. What an inspirational post.
    Faith always, and forge ahead..

    Your Scherenschnitte above just amazes me Jeri.. I love all the birdies. Talk about patience... Exquisite work, and what beautiful dryed roses from your friend... Such a thoughtful gift.
    Bless you dear friend,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew it.

    I just knew you were a woman of faith because your being exudes the faith.

    I hope you are well my dear artist, and every word you have crafted here rings true no matter WHAT THE SEASON!!!!! SO GOOD TO SEE THIS POST MY DEAR! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Jeri - this is a precious post...I too know what I believe and in Whom I believe. "To everything there is a season..." has always been a favorite of mine...Thank you for sharing your faith today. These are such exquisite pictures of this passing season. Have a wonderful week and God bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeri dear ~ The birds unfolding took my breath away...and oh the
    sheep munching in the fields calmed my being. Laundry day has been raised to an annointed level by the gratitude I find in your wise message. You are a balm to all those who yearn and have longing for peace and serenity of spirit. Bless you, master picture taker/maker....
    Gentility

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful words well worth hearing and heeding Jeri. Those dried roses are so lovely and will brighten up some of those winter days that lie ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such true words Jeri and lovely photos. And yet another wonderful artwork unfolding too! Have a good week. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures Jeri. And a great verse at the end. Whatever has been done towards you that may have been meant for evil, know God has allowed it and means it for good. Everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Dear Chrystal, Don't worry for my sake,nothing has happened to me personally. I was speaking more in general terms about the disappointment felt by over 50 million Americans last week.

      Delete
  16. Even so, He has allowed it. We will never understand His ways because they are greater than ours. I will continue to look up and have faith in Him even when I don't understand. You are a wise woman to write such encouraging words to those who come across your blog. Good can still happen in the midst of adversity and you seem to be a part of the good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jeri, what a wonderful uplifting and encouraging post! Yes, it especially seems we need encouraging in this time after the election and the way things are in the world, but if we turn to ourselves and hold fast to who we are and what we believe is right, there is so much beauty to be found after leaving the folly behind. You have just reminded us of that, and for that I say thank you. It is so restful and peaceful here in the Hollow. I guess that's why I visit everyday. You are a joy to know. "No matter who is President, Jesus is King!" Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a word or two, we SO like to hear from you!